MILE OAK

REVISITED

MILE OAK BUSES

PICTURES

The number 9 bus parked at its terminus outside the waterworks.

The picture shows one of the early Bean 14 seater buses.

This service started in 1928, ran from Portslade Station to the Mile Oak Waterworks. From 1934 it ran every 30 minutes morning and evening and every 15 minutes in the afternoon.

Due to hostilities the service was terminated at Chrisdory Road sometime in 1940.

These pictures show the bus that most of us will remember, again the No. 9 service.

The bus on the left shows the destination Mile Oak and the one below (parked outside Conway Street garage) Portslade Station.

As mentioned above the service commenced in 1928 and withdrawn on 30th November 1945 when it was replaced by the 15B double decker buses.

#Waterworks #ConwayStreet #PortsladeStation Buses - pictures Mile Oak Buses