MILE OAK

REVISITED

OLD VILLAGE, PORTSLADE - 1

The output of the brewery was increasing and this necessitated improvements and modernization.  The ornamental roof was removed in 1922 and an upper storey was added to house a water tank.  

The brewery was run by Smithers and Sons up until August 1930, it was then taken over by E.C.Stanford & Co. Until 1937.  The picture below shows the building occupied by Shepherds Industries, the premises were subsequently taken over in 1947 by Le Carbone.

Old Village Old Village - 2