MILE OAK

REVISITED

CHURCH OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD


Affectionately known as the ‘tin hut’

Restoration approximately 1951 - 54

The corrugated iron roof and walls finally deteriorated (rusted) with age and about 1951 volunteers helped to re-roof the ‘Tin Hut’.  About two years later more volunteers helped to re-clad the walls in 1/4” waterproof hardboard and once completed the ladies helped to carry out the decorations. On each occasion as the works progressed enthusiasm diminished and the volunteers began to reduce in number - it would appear that wives decreed that the men were spending too much time at the church when they could be carrying out similar works at home or tending their allotment.

Celebrations Old and New