MILE OAK

REVISITED

CHURCH OF THE GOOD SHEPHERD  Affectionately known as the ‘tin hut’ 1936 - 1967

The Church of the Good shepherd was opened by the Bishop of Lewes on 8th November 1936 after it had been donated by the Vicar of the Good Shepherd, Brighton.


Photograph below (circa 1940-1950) shows the church with its original corrugated iron cladding and before the installation of the bell.

Information